Cycle 3 - My half way point!

Tuesday 21 March 2017

Dad is on duty for this one and we break the tradition of being late and are 'just' on time. I go through the usual protocol of weighing myself and getting my observations done. My nurse Theresa doesn't waste any time and sticks the needle straight through my port to get things going! To be fair she did it so quickly it didn't hurt too much.
Dad and I get set up, I begin writing in my diary, whilst he reads National Geographic about some tribes in Africa! He gets me some yummy banana bread, and ice chips of course. 

The pharmacist comes to visit me and I'm starting to feel like a mini pro with my medicine routine. Still complicated I might add but I've got it under control...I think. She tells me some great news with my treatment - that they have found extra phosphate just for me... Yay? This means I can go back to my 48hr CADD pump rather than coming in every 24hrs to change it, so actually YAY!

Luke gets to take me to my third chemo session during the week. He is super curious asking me many questions for the most part I have no idea how or what to answer with. He noticed things like why they have double glass on the windows and doors - I still don't know why? He also asked the nurses lots of questions too! He soon tired out though and took up one of the recliners for himself, having a quick ten minute cat nap - you might have mistaken him as the patient! haha
The rest of my round goes really well - physically my nausea isn't too bad, still have the gross chemo taste in my mouth during week two but o well peanut butter and hard lollies seem to get me through. The best thing was that my injections barely caused me too much bone pain or aches! Didn't have to take any nurofen or use my heat pack to get through which was fantastic.

This marks half way through my treatment which is amazing - still a long way to go but it is nice to know I'm not right at the beginning anymore. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs