Cycles 4 and 5 - Adjusting to my not so normal routine

Tuesday 11 April 2017

Here we go again! Getting used the this crazy routine that's become my life for the time being. We've stopped rushing to chemo on the early Tuesday mornings now as we've realised the nurses don't mind us being a little late...well that's what we have assumed anyway!

Same thing - check my weight, check my bloods, obvs and give me my anti-nausea tablets and we get going. Everything seems to go a little quicker now as I know what I'm expecting - no more imaginary trip to Western Australia, I'd be lucky to to reach Canberra in this time! I even know the routine of how the sterilise everything! Perhaps a nurse in training? haha

During these two cycles I get lots of visitors as well as others taking me to my appointments. I get to show them around my hood - the good coffee place,  'my chair', and my nurses!

Chemo buddies!

I also got to meet someone very special - Rebecca. She was diagnosed with the exact lymphoma as me, three months earlier. I can't tell you how good it was to talk to someone the same age going through the same challenges.


Shift work -

 My family and friends are a great help, with almost a different person each time taking me to my appointments.


Chemo crocheting with the Smalleys :) 

Does it look like I know what I'm doing - as I really have no idea! (even though I was shown numerous times) I blame my numb fingertips but I don't even think that was the issue!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs