Adele!

Saturday 11 March 2017

Hello..it's me! I was super excited when I was given the all clear by my oncologist and doctor that I could go to see Adele! Granted it was my lowest point in my cycle which meant I was at a greater risk of picking up an infection and having those god awful back spasms like I got in Round 1! BUT I wasn't going to let something like this get in my way! 


 Lauren and I came prepared armed with masks, panadol, nurofen, and my anti nausea meds - we were determined to win. I had prepared during the day by snuggling up to my best friend - Chester my heat pack in order to try and get the back spasms to a minimum. 

On the way to the arena, Lauren hears requests on the radio about excited Adele fans - naturally she felt compelled to call up and mention how incredibility excited we were to be out of the house and able to go to this concert. Lauren gets through and starts chatting to him about how much we love Adele, and that its her friend's first big outting since being diagnosed with the big cccancer! She meant to say the big C or chemo but due to an earlier event where my mum misunderstood what the C in Big C meant she opted out! 7 minutes later we heard the recording - it was the funniest and sweetest thing!

We find our seats - I'm pretty happy that its an outdoor arena with lots of fresh air! Lauren and I have fun trying to take photos with our masks without offending or freaking out those around us!
Bamm - Adele gets wheeled in her box inconspicuously onto stage and the show begins! Her voice was just incredible so clear and strong for being out in the open. I was up dancing at any stage I could to move my back - and with Adele songs these were few and far between!

In short she was - Fantastic and definitely happy I was able to see her!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs