Cycle 2

Tuesday 28 February 2017

Here we go - Cycle 2! Excited to be one third of the way through now after this but it still feels like a massive mountain to climb.

I wake up feeling happy to wear my pretty Auguste dress gifted to me and get my chemo bag ready. Of course...mum and I are running late again and we arrive to chemo ten minutes late! O well, it seems to be a tradition we have started.

I sign in and I am placed on the smaller side of the day suite, I immediately get myself all set up with lots of distractions and activities to keep me preoccupied for the time (but knowing me I won't get through more than one!)

My nurses Torah and Anna get me all set up, we have a little bit of difficulty with accessing my port but this all gets sorted pretty quickly and I'm on my way!

Now this time I don't have to wait so long for my infusion of Rituximab as I didn't have a reaction last time, so we won't be travelling as far as WA. This time we only have about 2 - 2 1/2 hours so we decide to head to the city of Churches - Adelaide. It's a shame the fringe festival has just ended in Radelaide but hopefully we might make it to Kangaroo valley!

I get special visitor today too - I'm pretty spoilt during my chemo sessions it would seem. This time it's the lovely Anna from school. We had a good chat and her positivity, calmness and knowledge about life with cancer I found to be so helpful. It's great to see someone on the other side living life and so grateful to be healthy.

I get to briefly update my diary and read for a short period too but before I know it my infusion has finished and they are hooking me up to my lovely CADD pump to take home.

This Round is a little different to last, as I am unable to have a 48hr CADD pump (apparently there is some worldwide shortage of etoposide and this affects the phosphate - look I don't really have a clue with the medical lingo), but what this means for me is instead of coming in every second day to swap out my CADD I have to come in everyday for the next 5 days! Boo :( oh well like I said any excuse to have my ice chips but I'm sure by then I'll be quite over it!

Round 2 - please be kind to me!

Rach x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs