Loosing my hair...and my mind!

Wednesday 22 February 2017

Now everyone who knows me, knows I'm a little (or a lot) protective of my fine, wispy hair. After a bad fringe incident back in Year 9 and six months of painfully waiting for it to 'grow' out. I finally realised that my hair simply doesn't grow, so no rash hair cutting decisions for me! Well the big C sure changed that!





After getting my wig, I decided I would cut my hair shorter to deal with the constant shedding. I was loving my new hair and decided I was going to have control of this, having a hair journey where I would just slowly cut my hair shorter and shorter until maybe it was just so short I wouldn't notice it was gone? (hah wishful thinking!).

At first I did find it mildly amusing that some strands of hair would come out here when I ran my fingers through my hair. Let me tell you, this mild amusement didn't last long! My hair soon became a bird's nest, matted, dull and then began to actually fall out. It would come out in the shower and end up all over my clothes. I was upset of course but also angry that my awesome haircut had only had less one week of wear! $$$

 It sucked, after a very emotional day and the help of mum and my brother we cut off the majority of my hair to a little bird like cut. To be honest after seeing the state of my hair, cutting it off was actually easier to do than I thought, the hair (not my hair) had become so different I couldn't even compare it to my actual hair. 

CUE THE WIG!

Thank goodness my family friend/ hair angel Beck, came to the rescue by coming round to cut and style my wig. She did an awesome job and made it so much more like my own hair.

Over the next few weeks, my hair just thinned out more so until I was comfortable it just shaving it all off. Luke and Chris did the honours of this! and then I got to shave Luke's hair!

We're all in this together ~

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs