18 weeks on

Thursday 19 October 2017

It's crazy to think that I'm 18 weeks post chemo. I have been finished for the same amount of time that my six cycles of chemo went for. Can't believe how quickly it's gone by - funny how times flies when you're actually living. Here's my hair and eyebrow progress over the last 18 weeks!

To all those going through your journey now. Take each day, hour or even minute sometimes as it comes. Let yourself have those bad days, but also celebrate those good days too, no matter how small your gain may be. Just being able to see the day through is often enough. My anxiety levels were often the lowest at night time as I knew I had made it through just one more day. In the morning though it was a different story, with my anxiety being at its peak. I constantly suffered from panic attacks or became completely overwhelmed when doing the simplest tasks such as getting changed, going upstairs or having a shower. Towards the end of my fifth and sixth cycles I think I cried almost every day. My anxiety was sky high due to the obscene amount of steroids I was taking, as well as being mentally and physically exhausted from the torment from chemo. My emotions were completely wired. Plus I was so bored! I couldn't stand being at home yet couldn't do anything else but rest!

I found the online community of survivors, fighters and supporters truly so helpful in my journey. Being able to connect with others that have been through something similar made me realise I'm not alone in this.
This photo featured on We Are Survivors Instagram where you can see lots of stories from others for inspiration as well as to offer  hope.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs