Cycle Six - The final countdown...

Saturday 27 May 2017

Walking into the Day Suite to start my final round of chemo, total excitement would be an understatement to describe how I felt. I stayed up the night before, (what a chemo rebel I am) and made a celebratory sign to bring with me into the chemo ward - clearly the primary school teacher in me was bursting to get out! I brought along my nurses teddy bear that other special people I'd met had signed along the way.  My regular nurses Sandra and Anna celebrated with mum, Luke and I, where we cut a small cake on the Saturday of my final infusion. I felt elated that I had finished but knew I still had to make it through the massive side effects of this round hitting my body - which would probably send me to hospital again. For now though I felt content in reaching this milestone and take each day as they come.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs